When it comes to snacking – what you grab during the day can have an big impact on your fitness goals! It also determines how you feel, and can either add energy to your day or create a sugar crash that will make you want to nap at 2pm! Our personal trainers have put together a list of healthy go-to snacks that are easy to make – and will keep you on track!
We’ve put together a list of favorite snacks from our Texas Fit Chick Trainers to share with you!
1. Apple slices topped with all natural peanut butter
2. Cucumber slices with hummus
3. 3 oz of lunch meat (rolled up) and an apple
4. Carrots/celery with roasted red pepper hummus
5. Fruit Skewers (Strawberries, cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew)
6. Post workout turtle bars (oat or coconut flour, quinoa, sesame seeds, chia seeds, almonds (any nut) & lentils w/honey)
7. PB2 on brown rice crackers
8. Caramel Rice cake with almond butter
9. Celery w/ almond butter
10. 1lb of organic chicken tenders in the oven to bake for about 10 minutes…then save them in the fridge and snack on those when hungry and serve to the kids as snacks or part of lunch!
11. Carrots and Hummus
12. String Cheese
13. 3 egg whites & 1 whole egg w/Chipotle Laughing Cow wedge
14. Green Fuji Apple with PB2
16. Tomato slices and a cup of low fat cottage cheese
17. Apple and a few almonds
18. Apple and about a tablespoon of peanut or almond butter
19. Hard boiled egg and an apple
20. A fresh fruit mix of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries with either a cup of Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
21. Veggies & hummus
22. Nuts (raw almonds are great when you’re on the go)
23. Homemade hummus, blueberries & yogurt, peanut butter
24. Greek yogurt and fresh pineapple
25. String cheese and almonds
26. Greek yogurt ranch with carrots
27. Diced avocado and tomatoes
28. Green smoothie
29. One small gala apple with 1 teaspoon Justin’s Maple Almond Butter
30. A tsp of Justin’s Maple Almond Butter to my plain Greek yogurt with one drop of liquid Stevia…heaven!
31. Fage Greek yogurt sweetened with Stevia and berries.
32. Pita chips and/or veggies with hummus
33. Boiled eggs and grapefruit
34. 1/2 grapefruit w/ 1/2 cup lf cottage cheese
35. 1/2 chopped chicken Brest with 1 tsp pesto and 1/2 tomato
36. Spinach with 1/4 cup sliced apple sprinkle almonds olive oil lemon juice
37. 3 egg whites + one whole egg with tumeric and hot sauce
38. 1 tbs almond butter on Ezekiel toast
39. Whey protein shake
40. Plain Greek yogurt mixed with puréed fruit made at home
41. Fage non-fat greek yogurt with fresh berries, honey and ground flax seeds
42. Quest Protein Bar
43. Greek Yogurt with frozen blueberries and stevia
44. Apple slices or banana with 1-2 tsp of peanut or almond butter fresh salsa and 6 whole grain tortilla chips
45. 1/3 C greek yogurt with honey and banana slices
46. Half a slice of whole grain toast with a teaspoon of Nutella
47. 1 Tbsp of peanut butter with 15 baby carrots and a small box of raisins