Happy 4th anniversary to Kyle Texas Fit Chicks!
Kyle Texas Fit Chicks was born in May of 2015 by one of our now Directing Trainers, Terah Risner.
We are so proud of her and her ongoing dedicated chicks for all their love, effort and hard work.
Congratulations Terah on four years of allowing women access to a wonderful trainer at an affordable cost!
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 pound (3 medium-sized) zucchini, spiralized*
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk, or more, as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup half and half*
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add zucchini and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and heated through, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in the saucepan. Add garlic, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Whisk in flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk, thyme and oregano. Cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and half and Parmesan until slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes. If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in zucchini and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.
*This is the spiral slicer that I use. It’s so easy to use – it honestly just takes minutes to spiralize!
Click “Try Us For Free” to find a Fit Chick location near you and get started on your fitness journey!