We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day right? It jump starts your metabolism and many times can set the tone for how you eat the rest of the day. We want to include healthy fats, protein and complex carbs. Here is a list of options that will do just that, and are all super quick and easy to prepare! Enjoy!
Rice cake with Almond Butter and Eggs (I love the chocolate rice cakes and the White Chocolate peanut butter…you don’t need much!) Or the caramel rice cakes and plain almond butter is also amazing..
Cottage cheese and strawberries/other berries
- Greek yogurt and peanut butter (add a touch of honey or a teaspoon of mini-chocolate chips for sweetness)
- Eggs any way plus sauteed spinach & mushrooms
- Zucchini, squash and onion in an egg scramble with shredded cheese and 3 slices of bacon
- Sauteed kale/spinach with eggs any style, berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries), Ezekial English muffin with avocado.
- Egg bake with any and all veggies, overnight oats, protein pancakes.
- www.breadsfromanna.com pancake/muffin mix, 1 muffin/pancake plus ½ cup Fage 2% plain yogurt with truvia to taste and dried cranberries/raisins and or almonds.
- ¼ to ½ cup egg whites, handful of spinach, turkey sausage, salt/pepper to taste. Place spinach in bottom of bowl and top with egg whites. Season and cook in microwave for roughly 1 min. Stir halfway. Place turkey sausage in microwave (3 sticks or 2 patties) and cook for roughly 1 min. Enjoy!
- Cook 1 slice turkey bacon, fry one egg (or cook egg however desired), toast ½ and Ezekial English muffin. Layer: muffin, bacon, egg(s) and salt/pepper to taste. You can also sprinkle a little mozzarella or favorite hot sauce. Eat with knife and fork.
- ¼ to ½ cup egg whites. Place in bowl and cook for roughly 1 minute, stirring halfway. Cut up ½ of an avocado and ¼ cup of diced tomatoes. Mix together and season to taste with salt (or garlic salt)/pepper. You can also eat on or with ½ an Ezekial English muffin.
- Paleo breakfast: Fry 2 slices uncured bacon. Once cooked remove from pan, lower heat and throw in 1 to 2 handfuls of raw spinach. Cook quickly until wilted. Remove. Using last of bacon grease to fry 1 to 2 eggs (or cook eggs however desired). Add small amount of grass fed butter (I use Kerry Gold) if not enough grease for eggs. Enjoy!
- Ezekiel toast with ½ avocado smashed on it. Add one poached egg cooked to your liking with hot sauce (such as Cholula) on top. Serve with a side of fruit.